Hello, summer! =)

Hello, summer! =) I am a free woman. I have no more work to do since the semester is over in Ateneo and I submitted my students' final grades last Monday. I have no more schoolwork to do because the semester is over in UP and I passed my final paper and took the final exam for my MA class last Thursday. I am officially on vacation (until the 14th)! The 14th and 15th is the registration period for UP summer classes. I hope to finish enrolling on the 14th because there is a Christian leadership seminar I want to attend on the 15th. Summer classes in UP start on the 18th.

I am excited about summer classes in UP. I am going to take American Individualism 1837-1900 (that is, American literature 1837-1900) under Prof. Ancheta. It's going to be every weekday from 3-5 p.m. CY ( my best friend) will be one of my classmates. I hope we will be in an air-conditioned classroom. CY says we will be discussing the works of Henry David Thoreau and Ralph Waldo Emerson in that class. Yay! =) I'm going to buy books of their works for the class. There's nothing like an MA class to provide a good excuse to buy expensive books. Hehehe. I'm glad my brain can get back in shape through my summer class.

Before summer classes start, I hope to catch up on my leisure reading. I am definitely going to finally read Eragon by Christopher Paolini (number one on the New York Times best-seller list at the age of fifteen, jeez). What else should I read this summer? You guys have suggestions for me? =) I want to read the Wrinkle in Time series by Madeleine L'Engle and Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception by Eoin Colfer. There are dozens of books I need and want to read this summer! Summer IS a time for reading. =)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey there! I finally got your e-mail about your blog, but you sent it to my old address! I'll e-mail you from my new one soon. Glad things are going well for you! I hope you have a great vacation!