The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (the movie)

Sunday night I watched The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in the Gateway cineplex with my cousin Kate, my brother JP, and JP's girlfriend Fran [Fuwannie Goo =)]. The Chronicles of Narnia are my favorite books (but my favorite in the series is actually The Horse and His Boy) and I felt like I had been waiting my whole life for the (new) movie versions. So Sunday night was very exciting for me!

It's a great movie. [But no, it isn't better than The Lord of the Rings movies. (The Lord of the Rings are also my favorite books.) But there are more Narnia movies coming up so we'll see. ;)] I'm planning to watch it 3-4 more times! Because, first of all, I love the movie and want to watch it over and over again. I was sad when the movie was over. =( Secondly, I'm a scholar of fantasy and I'm teaching The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe to my Lit 13 class so I should/want to study the movie.

The battle senes in the movie were awesome. And the characterization of the four Pevensie children in the movie was even better than their characterization in the novel. I loved how the characterization was done in the movie! I loved all the details in the movie. The acting was great, especially the acting of Georgie Henley (little Lucy). She was adorable! =) My favorite part of the movie was the scene of Peter and the White Witch duking it out. That, for me, was the scene with the best action, the best acting, and the most palpable emotion in the whole movie.

I'll be able to post more about the movie after I have watched it and studied it a couple more times. For now what I can say is: I want more of it!!!!!! And already I can't wait for the next Narnia movie, which I hear is Prince Caspian. =)

Comments